About the Assignment
Be the voice of peace when a sexually exploited caller courageously takes the first step to call our hotline and exit the life. Your task is to first and foremost express your love for the caller while collecting information on their location and situation. When you are on-call, we conveniently forward hotline calls to your mobile phone providing immediate response and rescue available any time, day or night. The data you collect is of primary importance as the first step in notifying our team about a potential rescue.
- Mobile phone, fully charged and with adequate service signal.
- Reliable internet access during your shift for completing the hotline script.
- Advocates are needed seven days a week CST for the following shifts: (Central Time)
- 12:00AM - 8:00AM
- 8:00AM - 12:00PM
- 12:00PM - 4:00PM
- 4:00PM - 8:00PM
- 8:00PM - 12:00AM
- Be "on call" and ready to answer the hotline with your personal mobile phone. Your personal contact information is kept confidential.
- Complete the Rescue America Hotline Intake Form with as much detail as possible from the caller.
- Complete an Application Form: This includes signing a waiver of liability, a confidentiality and non-disclosure agreement and a statement of faith.
- Complete a Background Check: Once all steps have been completed, you'll receive a message from us regarding your volunteer status. Rescue America reserves the right to accept or deny potential volunteers based on the current needs and requirements within the organization.
- Volunteer Interview: One of the Rescue America team members will contact you to review your application and to discuss your suitability to join our volunteer team.
- Attend a Two Hour Training Session: Training may be in person or virtual.