About the Assignment
Be the voice of peace when a sexually exploited caller courageously takes the first step to call our hotline and exit the life. Your task is to first and foremost express your love for the caller while collecting information on their location and situation.
When you are on-call, we conveniently forward the hotline calls to your mobile phone so that there is immediate response and rescue available at any time, day or night. The data you collect is of primary importance as the first step in notifying our team about a potential rescue.
- Mobile phone (charged and with adequate service signal)
- Reliable internet access during your shift (for completing the hotline script)
- Advocates are needed seven days a week for these shifts: (Central Time)
- 12:00AM - 8:00AM
- 8:00AM - 4:00PM
- 4:00PM - 12:00AM
- Be "on call" and ready to answer the hotline with your personal mobile phone. Your personal contact information is kept confidential.
- Complete the Rescue America Hotline Intake Form with as much detail as possible from the caller
This includes signing a waiver of liability, a confidentiality and non-disclosure agreement and a statement of faith.
Once all steps have been completed, you'll receive a message from us regarding your volunteer status. Rescue America reserves the right to accept or deny potential volunteers based on the current needs and requirements within the organization. Thank you!
One of the Rescue America team will contact you to go over your application and to discuss your suitability to join our volunteer team.
This may be in person or virtual depending on the time.