RAEA Program Director
Type: Full Time
Location: Rescue Denver
Post Date: August 1, 2019
Reference: #3475Apply Now
Rescue America empowers survivors of sexual exploitation to exit the sex trade via its 24/7 hotline network and the Rescue America Emergency Assessment (RAEA) Program. Our program combo bridges the gap between outreach advocacy and long-term restoration, helping to streamline the flow of survivor services, activate and mobilize the community, and unify the local and national anti-sex trafficking landscape. To accomplish our mission, we “stay in our lane” and adhere to our core competencies of response, rescue, assessment, stabilization, and continued care placement.
The values of Rescue America are:
Seek & Honor God’s Voice ● Cultivate Felt Safety ● Empower Freedom
Pursue Peace and Healthy Relationships ● Celebrate BIG
In 2014, we launched Houston’s first 24/7 survivor hotline to provide immediate response and rescue for those wanting freedom from commercial sexual exploitation and sex trafficking. From outreach to exit — distributing and responding to the hotline is one of the most powerful and effective ways to offer hope in the form of safe transport, shelter, and program support to survivors across the nation who are ready and able to exit the sex trade.
To better support the healing journeys of survivors, we focus our efforts on a highly therapeutic, holistic 60-day “reset” known as the RAEA (Rescue America Emergency Assessment) Program. The RAEA Program empowers survivors to continue healing and navigate critical life choices during, and maintain them beyond the eight week program. We seek to reduce survivor relapse by providing the immediate assessment and stabilization support essential to facilitate the most appropriate placement for each survivor’s long-term care.
The RAEA Program Director empowers and embodies the mission of Rescue Houston for Rescue Houston’s church, strategic and professional partners, staff and volunteers, and program participants. The RAEA Program Director communicates daily program capacity to the Hotline team to support a smooth exit experience.
RAEA Program Directors recognize the strategic value of total participation in the exit program and encourage survivors accordingly. To facilitate their continued healing, RAEA Program Directors encourage and support the relationships survivors have with Survivor Advocates and every holistic care provider within the program — to help establish genuine interpersonal connection required for successful program completion.
- The RAEA Program Director is responsible to serve alongside and lead a team of Survivor Advocates to serve program participants with excellence.
- The RAEA Program Director will facilitate weekly RAEA Program team meetings to assess, address, and troubleshoot weekly operations.
- The RAEA Program Director will cultivate, manage, and acquire new relationships with strategic partners and professional service providers as needed.
- The RAEA Program Director will help unify front line advocacy efforts by participating in local industry task force and collaborative committee meetings.
- The RAEA Program Director will ensure diligent, thorough, and timely documentation of the program participant experience by Survivor Advocates into Apricot software.
- The RAEA Program Director will capture and manage long-term safe home and service provider relationships in Salesforce.
- The RAEA Program Director is responsible to quality assess and control all documented RAEA Program information on a weekly basis.
- The RAEA Program Director will communicate RAEA Program metrics to the Rescue Houston Area Director and/or Rescue America leadership through weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting.
- The RAEA Program Director will support the Rescue Houston Area Director and Rescue America leadership in continued development of the emergency assessment program services, collateral/forms, goals, and objectives.
- The RAEA Program Director will represent Rescue Houston and the RAEA Program and at industry events.
- The RAEA Program Director will empower staff and volunteer mentors to serve with excellence through quarterly training events.
- Manage RAEA Program team
- Assess and address survivor needs
- CSR and Apricot file management
- Salesforce account management
- Weekly/monthly team meetings
- Track survivor participation
- Volunteer/intern training support
- Exit Interviews
- Grow and sustain relationships with partners
- Help write and enforce RAEA protocols
- Resource and placement options education
- Case management advocacy
- Independent Living Assessment
- Report to RA Leadership
- Continued Care Placement Planning
The RAEA Program Director will provide the emergency assessment program overview to survivors and serve as case manager for approximately 60 days. Immediately following entry into the program, the RAEA Program Director is responsible to schedule and provide the survivor with a monthly calendar that includes the minimum six (6) key recurring weekly appointments that form the foundation of the program — Next Step therapy, professional counseling, spiritual exchange, case management, support group(s), and mentor outings. The calendar will be updated to include appropriate case management appointments as they are coordinated by the RAEA Program Director.
It is the responsibility of the RAEA Program Director to ensure accurate and thorough collection, input, and reporting of the survivor’s experiences from the program overview through to completion of the emergency assessment program — capturing all in the Apricot information system.
As the heartbeat and front line of the agency, RAEA Program Directors will address survivor and other provider needs, or communicate incidentents and/or irreconcilable grievances to the Rescue Houston Area Director or Vice President. The RAEA Program Director may help author, and will help steward and enforce all Rescue Houston policies and procedures. The RAEA Program Director can expect a case management load of no more than five (5) survivors who are actively participating in the emergency assessment program at one time, and if applicable, will equip and manage the RAEA Program Director Assistant or interns who will provide case management support.
The RAEA Program Director is a full-time W2 employee and will maintain agreed upon office hours and adhere to all policies outlined in the Employee Handbook, including submitting timely expense reports. The RAEA Program Director will be paid on a salary basis, offered healthcare sharing coverage, and access to other holistic care benefits including therapy and Spiritual Exchange. Mileage and cell phone expenses are eligible for reimbursement per the Rescue America Expense Reimbursement Policy. The RAEA Program Director will be under the direct supervision of, and provide weekly and monthly reports to the Vice President.
Due to the intense nature of survivor advocacy, it is highly encouraged that the RAEA Program Director take a one-week paid vacation per quarter. In that same spirit, the RAEA Program Director will also commit to a self-care plan (I.e. spiritual development, journaling, rest, exercise, healthy diet etc.) This plan will be presented to the Vice President upon acceptance of her role who will be entrusted with reminding the RAEA Program Director to engage in her self-care plan. All program therapies will be made available to the RAEA Program Director for her own self-care and growth, as approved by the Vice President.