Type: Full Time
Location: Rescue America
Post Date: August 2, 2019
Reference: #3473Apply Now
Rescue America empowers survivors of sexual exploitation to exit the sex trade via its 24/7 hotline network and the Rescue America Emergency Assessment (RAEA) Program. Our program combo bridges the gap between outreach advocacy and long-term restoration, helping to streamline the flow of survivor services, activate and mobilize the community, and unify the local and national anti-sex trafficking landscape. To accomplish our mission, we “stay in our lane” and adhere to our core competencies of response, rescue, assessment, stabilization, and continued care placement.
The values of Rescue America are:
Seek & Honor God’s Voice ● Cultivate Felt Safety ● Empower Freedom
Pursue Peace and Healthy Relationships ● Celebrate BIG
In 2014, we launched Houston’s first 24/7 survivor hotline to provide immediate response and rescue for those wanting freedom from commercial sexual exploitation and sex trafficking. From outreach to exit — distributing and responding to the hotline is one of the most powerful and effective ways to offer hope in the form of safe transport, shelter, and program support to survivors across the nation who are ready and able to exit the sex trade.
To better support the healing journeys of survivors, we focus our efforts on a highly therapeutic, holistic 60-day “reset” known as the RAEA (Rescue America Emergency Assessment) Program. The RAEA Program empowers survivors to continue healing and navigate critical life choices during, and maintain them beyond the eight week program. We seek to reduce survivor relapse by providing the immediate assessment and stabilization support essential to facilitate the most appropriate placement for each survivor’s long-term care.
The Exit Strategist is often the “behind the scenes”, unsung professional of the emergency hotline response team comprised of Hotline Advocates, Exit Team members, partner shelters and program service providers. It is the conviction of the Exit Strategist that there is a redemptive solution for every survivor of sexual exploitation who calls our local 24/7 hotlines.
The primary goal of the Exit Strategist is to empower each survivor to safely exit her/his exploitative situation. It is essential that the Exit Strategist be able to quickly assess and identify potential obstacles and solutions to successfully facilitate a timely, safe exit.
These professionals gather essential information from callers to coordinate shelter and program placement, then dispatch transportation to designated pick-up and drop-off locations. She/he must be able to navigate and help the survivor navigate situations that may feel stressful, chaotic, heart-wrenching, confusing, and near impossible.
As such, the Exit Strategist must carry and reflect peace and positivity, be organized, adept at multitasking, level-headed, and trustworthy. Because the search for transitional shelter may require many hours of follow-up, the Exit Strategist position requires endurance as well as a sense of urgency.
Exit Strategists recognize the intrinsic value of each volunteer, staff, and partner role required to accomplish an exit, as well as the necessity of thorough and accurate documentation of the hotline experience.
- The Exit Strategist will gather the information required to facilitate a rescue and/or survivor relocation.
- The Exit Strategist will cultivate relationships with RA Hotline Advocates, shelters, victim service providers, and Exit Team members to improve the exit experience for survivors and volunteers.
- The Exit Strategist will serve as our emergency shelter and transportation “expert”, continually vetting, growing in knowledge of and relationship with both local and national partners.
- The Exit Strategist will contact strategic partner shelters and follow partner shelter protocols to advocate for each survivor’s bed access and immediate placement.
- The Exit Strategist will seek and facilitate a trauma-informed program referral to best support the survivor’s healing journey immediately following the exit.
- The Exit Strategist will coordinate and dispatch exit teams and/or provide alternative transport solutions as needed.
- The Exit Strategist will thoroughly document engagement with each caller and quality assure what is collected in the hotline portal during her/his shift to support accurate reporting.
- The Exit Strategist will help schedule and “hand-off” the hotline per agreed hours to other on-call Exit Strategist(s) and Hotline Advocates using the RingCentral platform.
- Each month, the Exit Strategist will help share the effectiveness and lived experience of volunteers and survivors who engage the hotline with supporting written, video, and/or other communications mediums.
- In rare cases, the Exit Strategist may help transport if unable to coordinate transportation to a transitional shelter or approved emergency housing.
- Periodically, the Exit Strategist may help equip volunteers/potential volunteers to effectively distribute and/or respond to incoming hotline calls.
The Exit Strategist provides on-call hotline support to help answer the hotline and ensure proper placement and referrals of survivors exiting the life. A full-time Exit Strategist has primary responsibility of the hotline for three to four (3-4) days per week, with 2-3 days of secondary “back-up” support and one “blackout” or Sabbath day per week.
It is the responsibility of the Exit Strategist to maintain her or his agreed upon schedule, and ensure the accurate and thorough collection and input of every survivor’s hotline experience.
As the front line of the agency, the Exit Strategist will communicate hotline ideas, needs, questions, and concerns to the Director of Hotline & Advocacy or Vice President. They will faithfully steward all Rescue America policies and procedures. The Exit Strategist's role is not one of a therapeutic provider.
The Exit Strategist is a W2 employee, will maintain agreed upon office hours and adhere to all policies outlined in the Employee Handbook. The Exit Strategist will be paid on a salary basis, offered healthcare sharing coverage, and access to other holistic care benefits including therapy and Spiritual Exchange. Mileage and cell phone expenses are eligible for reimbursement per the Rescue America Expense Reimbursement Policy. The Exit Strategist will be under the direct supervision of, and provide weekly hotline reports to the Director of Hotline & Advocacy or Vice President.
Due to the intense nature of survivor advocacy, it is highly encouraged that the Exit Strategist take a quarterly one-week vacation. Likewise, the Exit Strategist will also commit to a self-care plan (I.e. spiritual development, journaling, rest, exercise, healthy diet etc.) This plan will be presented to the Director of Hotline & Advocacy or Vice President upon acceptance of her role who will be entrusted with reminding the Exit Strategist to engage in her self-care plan. All program therapies will be made available to the Exit Strategist for her or his own self-care and growth, as approved by the Director of Hotline & Advocacy or Vice President.