Director of Development
Type: Full Time
Location: Rescue America
Post Date: August 2, 2019
Reference: #3471Apply Now
Rescue America empowers survivors of sexual exploitation to exit the sex trade via its 24/7 hotline network and the Rescue America Emergency Assessment (RAEA) Program. Our program combo bridges the gap between outreach advocacy and long-term restoration, helping to streamline the flow of survivor services, activate and mobilize the community, and unify the local and national anti-sex trafficking landscape. To accomplish our mission, we “stay in our lane” and adhere to our core competencies of response, rescue, assessment, stabilization, and continued care placement.
The values of Rescue America are:
Seek & Honor God’s Voice ● Cultivate Felt Safety ● Empower Freedom
Pursue Peace and Healthy Relationships ● Celebrate BIG
In 2014, we launched Houston’s first 24/7 survivor hotline to provide immediate response and rescue for those wanting freedom from commercial sexual exploitation and sex trafficking. From outreach to exit — distributing and responding to the hotline is one of the most powerful and effective ways to offer hope in the form of safe transport, shelter, and program support to survivors across the nation who are ready and able to exit the sex trade.
To better support the healing journeys of survivors, we focus our efforts on a highly therapeutic, holistic 60-day “reset” known as the RAEA (Rescue America Emergency Assessment) Program. The RAEA Program empowers survivors to continue healing and navigate critical life choices during, and maintain them beyond the eight week program. We seek to reduce survivor relapse by providing the immediate assessment and stabilization support essential to facilitate the most appropriate placement for each survivor’s long-term care.
Reporting to the President, the Director of Development supports the creation and execution of the annual development plan which includes diverse revenue streams and funding partners including but not limited to major donors, foundations, government grants, churches, businesses, local community boards and individual donors.
The Director of Development will be an individual with a rich development background, who has had progressive and successful development experience in all revenue streams including government grants. This position requires the ability to participate in all stages of development from researching, planning, and execution including grant writing and reporting.
This position requires the ability to participate in all aspects of the fundraising cycle: (1) to initiate contacts with potential and current funding partners; (2) to develop appropriate cultivation strategies for them; (3) to move potential and current partners in an appropriate and timely fashion toward solicitation and closure; (4) to make solicitations; (5) and to maintain stewardship contacts with funding partners.
The skills of the Director of Development must include the ability to analyze, monitor, and evaluate strategic advancement plans and articulate the case for support so that funding partners understand and make an investment in the vision, mission and strategic initiatives and growth plan of Rescue America.
The Director of Development must be a leader who is able to be an executive team player while working independently and delivering measurable, cost-effective results. Importantly, the Director of Development will have the professionalism, skills, sensitivity, and personal confidence to represent Rescue America internally and to the public.
- The Director of Development will research, cultivate and build relationships with current and potential individual donors, community board members, foundations, churches and businesses.
- The Director of Development will develop, propose and implement strategies for relationship building of donors, including ongoing relationships with prospect/donors; recommending specific purpose and level of gift; identifying those to be involved in cultivation and subsequent solicitation, and assuring that solicitations are carried out.
- The Director of Development will work in partnership with the communications manager to develop and oversee all funding partner communications.
- The Director of Development will develop and update a funding pipeline in Salesforce, as well as track and report results of proposal submissions to the executive team.
- The Director of Development will understand and maintain familiarity with past and current funded proposals and funding opportunities for Rescue America.
- The Director of Development will create, write, prepare, and complete grant proposals.
- The Director of Development will coordinate, manage and implement quarterly Community Board meetings in Rescue America territories, with oversight and attendance from the President.
- The Director of Development will gain and maintain an understanding of national and local budgets as they relate to proposals and the organization.
- The Director of Development will facilitate in-person meetings with funding partners as a representative of Rescue America, in some cases being the sole representative.
- The Director of Development will request participation of the President and other staff members in meetings with funding partners as needed.
- The Director of Development will partner with the Vice President and Executive Team to accurately communicate Rescue America metrics and outcomes to financial partners.
- The Director of Development will be responsible to organize, submit and manage all reports required by financial partners and potential financial partners.
- The Director of Development will understand and clearly communicate the organization’s vision, mission, and strategic direction to all financial partners of Rescue America in written and oral communications.
- The Director of Development will travel to Rescue America territories for financial partner development, conferences, and other events as necessary or assigned.
- Excellent writing and speaking skills
- Track record of funded proposals
- Strong organizational skills
- Commitment to excellence
- Knowledge of budgets and cash flow
- Donor development experience
- High integrity
- Strategic insight to measure analytics
- Ability to self-start and meet deadlines
- Bachelor’s Degree
The Rescue America Director of Development is a full-time W2 employee and will maintain agreed upon office hours and adhere to all policies outlined in the Employee Handbook, including submitting timely expense reports. The Director of Development will be paid on a salary basis, offered healthcare sharing coverage, and access to other holistic care benefits including therapy and Spiritual Exchange. Mileage and cell phone expenses are eligible for reimbursement per the Rescue America Expense Reimbursement Policy. The Director of Development will be under the direct supervision of, and provide weekly and monthly reports to the President.
It is highly encouraged that the Director of Development take a one-week paid vacation per quarter. In that same spirit, the Director of Development will also commit to a self-care plan (I.e. spiritual development, journaling, rest, exercise, healthy diet etc.) This plan will be presented to the President upon acceptance of her role who will be entrusted with reminding the Director of Development to engage in her/his self-care plan. All program therapies will be made available to the Director of Development for her own self-care and growth, as approved by the President.